The blue checkmark acquired by celebrities, leading journalists, media institutions and public figures as a verification of their web pages and personal accounts on Twitter, Facebook and YouTube is considered a benefit for any serious internet user.
Channel verification gives credibility to their accounts by distinguishing the real accounts from similar ones that may assume their personality.
Facebook administration offers this checkmark in two colors: the blue for institutions and public figures and the grey for corporations and enterprises.
This is done after a periodic examination carried out by the regional
administrations of Facebook on the accounts within their geographic mandate to find whether these accounts meet certain requirements.
Having the account tagged is a good thing for establishing a good relationship with followers and fans.
This checkmark is free and not impossible or difficult to acquire. It does not need millions of followers or even thousands or a special application. All it needs is to meet certain requirements that Facebook administration asks for, such as:
- The availability of true personal information since it is not possible to offer a check mark for unreal personalities. Even real personalities should prove their real identity through a number of steps such as downloading a copy of their identity card or passport, posting a personal photo on the web page, together with their mailing address, telephone number, home and work addresses, all in very clear format.
- Link the page to the personal account as well as any other available accounts to the website. The fact that these accounts are associated with the same person without any ambiguity is considered a positive point.
- A clean record free of notifications and warnings or bans and having a number of followers and fans are also positive points.
- Harmonization between the content published and the category under which the account falls, whether public personalities or media or commercial institutions or other.
- Perhaps, it is difficult for the Facebook administration to mark
your account if it carries the same name of a famous commercial brand
or of an account with the same name and that had been previously check marked. Find a distinctive and unique name for your page.