→ Practices that are fair and respect human rights, employment practices, and employees’ working conditions.
→ Business economic sustainability, anti-corruption activity, taxes paid primarily in the country where operations are conducted.
→ Taking into account, quantifying, and reporting on the environmental impacts of business operations.
→ Taking account of the impact on business of the built environment, cultural heritage (e.g. linguistic groups), cultures, and religions.
10 principles of the UN Global Compact
1. Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights
2. Businesses should make sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses.
3. Businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining
4. Businesses should eliminate all forms of forced and compulsory labour
5. Businesses should abolish child labour
6. Businesses should eliminate discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
7. Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges
8. Businesses should undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility
9. Businesses should encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies
10. Businesses should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery